When driving through a toll point you will see different light signals.
This is the most common light signal. It means that everything is in order with your AutoPASS agreement and your payment.
If you get a white signal it could mean two different things.
- Have avtalegiro: If you have avtalegiro, your tag will show a white light from 3 weeks prior to the bill being withdrawn from your bank account. You will therefore have the possibility to check the amount and crossings before the payment occurs. You can find this easily, in our app.
- Do not have avtalegiro: If you do not have avtalegiro and your tag shows a white light, it means that you have an outstanding payment.
Note that if you paid on a Friday, the payment will not be registered until Monday. This could therefore be the reason for a white light signal in the weekend.
White signal does not affect the agreement and all crossings are registered with discount.
No light signal
- You have recently entered an agreement and not received the tag yet.
- The tag is not attached to your front window properly. Click here to see how to properly attach the tag.
- You have disturbing elements in your font window; UV-files, rain sensor or other things. Read more about which cars this conserns.
- There is an error with the toll point you are driving through. We are automatically notified about the error and then we fix it.
- Your tag needs a new battery or is defect. Contact us, and we will send you a new tag.
- You have one or more outstanding bills and your AutoPASS agreement has been temporarily frozen until the outstanding bills are paid.
If you are in doubt about why your tag is not working, we recommend that you log onto My page or our app. There you can check the status of your agreement. Alternatively, you may contact us and we will help you.
The orange signal means that you have driven on the sidewalk or in the wrong direction. The crossing is registered, but the signal is intended to prevent dangerous driving.